Wednesday, 10 July 2013

Feature: Jamie Willetts (09/07/13)

Jamie Willetts

Genre: Acoustic
From: Wales

Jamie is an 18 year old singer/songwriter. He has been uploading covers on YouTube for just over a year and has recently been sharing some of his original work too.



General Questions...

1. How old were you when you started getting involved in music and how?
I was about 15 when I started playing guitar, I had to take it up for Music GCSE and I didn't want to sing (IRONY), or couldn't play anything else. And then in my second year of GCSE's we had to compose a song, so that was how I first got into writing.

2. What was the first gig/concert/festival you went to? 
The first concert I went to see was Paramore on their Brand New Eye's Tour, not long before they officially split up. But I'm going to see them again later this year, ahh nostalgia!

3. What have you been listening to lately? 
A lot of upcoming artists and some of my favourites, such as: Gabrielle Aplin, Saint Raymond, Layla, Matt Corby, Lewis Watson and Frank Hamilton.

3 Questions for Jamie...

1. Who is your favourite artist/band to cover? 
It has to be a three-way tie between Gabrielle Aplin, Lewis Watson and Bastille, I've covered these guys a few times on my YouTube channel.

2. What process did you go through whilst writing 'Give Me All Your Love'? 
Well, it was one of the more random urges I've had to write, it was quite late. I had a really bad throat at the time, and could barely talk. So I headed over to my keyboard and started playing some chords, and some how managed to get a good enough rough recording for me to remember by the time my voice was better.

3. Where do you hope to be in 5 years time? 
Well, I would definitely hope to have released an EP of my own, if not more than 1! I also hope to support other artists on their tour dates as that looks like loads of fun and continue to build a fan base and share my music!

Random Q from a Reader...

What is your favourite film? (from Maria)
Oh, that's a tricky one! It changes all the time, but I recently watched The Impossible and that was brilliant! And no one can deny the Harry Potter series!  Also, as a little side note, I'm looking forward to watching Catching Fire, when that comes out!

Any other things you'd like to share/say?
Thank you for your lvoely questions, I hope to be making more developments on my Debut EP in the not so distant future, so it would be great if you kept up-to-date on all the latest at my various sites. Additionally, I regularly post covers and some originals on my YouTube channel too! So here they are, see you all there! :)

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JamieWillettsMusic
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Jamie_Willetts
Instagram: Jamie_Willetts
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jamiewilletts
Tumblr: http://jamiewilletts.tumblr.com

Check It Out! 

Chart: Love Me Again - John Newman

'Love Me Again' is the debut single by British soul singer and musician John Newman, from his upcoming debut studio album. Newman's vocals have appeared recently on Rudimental's tracks 'Feel The Love' and 'Not Giving In'. 


Live Performance: Irrelevant - Lauren Aquilina

After the success of her debut EP 'Fools', Lauren returns this year with her second EP 'Sinners' (available to pre-order now, released on 22nd July). 
This performance of 'Irrelevant' one of the tracks on the EP, was recorded at Bush Hall, including strings this live version is rather mesmerising. 


Cover: Toxic - Rhett & Josh

'Toxic' was originally by Britney Spears and released in 2004. Rhett (one half of this cover) has been uploading videos on YouTube for just under 4 years. One of their most recent videos (a cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble') has been their most popular, nearly hitting a million views on YouTube...


Thanks for reading! 
Links:
FB: (chances to ask future features q's) http://www.facebook.com/MusicInTimeBlog
Twitter: http://twitter.com/musicintimeblog 
Enquires: musicintimeblog@gmail.com

-photo: www.soundcloud.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment