Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Feature: Daniel Robinson (06/08/13)

Daniel Robinson

Genre: Acoustic, Singer/Songwriter
From: Scarborough, Yorkshire

Daniel is a 21 year old singer/songwriter , he's been uploading videos on YouTube for 5 months and has gained a large following on Twitter. Dan's song 'Autumn Lights' has received airplay on BBC Radio York and his debut EP 'Pillows' featuring 'Pillows' and 'Talk' is out now!



General Questions...

1. How old were you when you started getting involved in music and how?
I was about 12/13 when I started to write music and just sang and things in school and then last year after a recent heartbreak I started to write about it, which is where the track 'Pillows' comes into it. Then I wrote another track called 'Talk' which I thought was enough and thought why not out them and see what people think, so, I put them on Soundcloud and so many people related to it and I got twitter and it started from there to now.

2. What was the first gig/concert/festival you went to? 
The first gig I went to was a band called Kaiser Chiefs, now I think about it, they know a part of my family very well and I was VIP and seeing them perform I just wanted to do that and write music.


3. What have you been listening to lately? 
Lately I have been listening to Bastille and Gabrielle Aplin, both great artists and are going to get bigger and bigger.

3 Questions for Daniel...

1. What is your usual songwriting process? 
My usual songwriting process, I pick up my guitar and just start to make the music first and then sing a long to what ever comes into my head, and if I like it I write it down! A weird process some people would say, but hey ho, I'm weird anyway haha.

2. What is your favourite album to listen to on a sunny day? 
That's a tricky one, I would have to say, plus (+) by Ed Sheeran.

3. What's your view on talent shows, such as X Factor? 
I don't mind watching them at all and feel it's a great way to geet people's talent shown, but, I would never audition for it as I personally would rather work hard to get my name and music out there then go onto a TV show which to me is the easiest option nowadays. Rather work hard.

Random Q from a Reader...

Who was your inspiration to get into music and what effect does this have on your own work? (from Sean)
My biggest inspiration to get me into my music would be two people, Lewis Watson and Ed Sheeran. Both guys have great writing skills and music and sing from the heart and just love the buzz you get from people singing your lyrics to them, I smile so mch when I see someone in the crowd singing my lyrics, my heart just melts.

Any other things you'd like to share/say?!  
MY LINKS:
Soundcloud: soundcloud.com/danielrobinsonuk
Twitter: @its_dandaniel

Can find all my other links on my Soundcloud page :)

Pillows - Daniel Robinson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwrjokzFAG8

Check It Out!

Chart: Wake Me Up - Avicii ft. Aloe Blaac

'Wake Me Up' is a song by Avicii featuring vocals from Aloe Blaac. It was released as the first single from Avicii's upcoming ebut album True. The track has achieved international success, peaking at #1 in 40 countries, including the UK chart and US Billboard Hot 100. 


Live Performance: With a Little Help from my Friends - Mumford & Sons with many others

Glastonbury was closed by the English folk rock band Mumford & Sons this year. They performed the classic Beatles song 'With a Little Help from my Friends' and how did they do it? A: With a little help from their friends... It went down as a huge success and finished off their set and the festival perfectly!


Cover: Lose Yourself Walking on the Flume - Hudson Taylor

A well mixed cocktail of songs, Harry & Alfie (Hudson Taylor) mash them together flawlessly. By putting Lose Yourself (Eminem), Walking on the Moon (The Police) and Flume (Bon Iver) together, they show fof their musicality. (Their EP's are pretty good too!) Enjoy this one! 


 Thanks for reading! 
Links:
FB: (chances to ask future features q's) http://www.facebook.com/MusicInTimeBlog
Twitter: http://twitter.com/musicintimeblog 
Enquires: musicintimeblog@gmail.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment