Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Feature: Harry Seaton (01/10/13)

Intro: I'm Harry Seaton, a 16 year old singer/songwriter who's been kicking around for 6 years now. I started guitar when I was 7 and singing aged 10, a few months after starting to sing I started performing. It's all I've ever known really. I live for music (and a few other things). Three main aspects/things that stand out to me about my musical journey. The first is definitely being noticed by inspirational figures such as Lauren Aquilina, Ben Leftwich and JME to name a few. Another is being played on BBC Introducing after 2 years of trying! And last but by no means least, supporting Lauren Aquilina who I mentioned earlier. Ahh, is it too late to add in that my first single 'Wildfire' hit 12th in the singer/songwriter chart on iTunes?!
 
General Questions... 

1. How old were you when you started getting involved in music and how? 
I've always been invovled with music because of my musical Dad but I decided I wanted to pick up drums at first, thankfully that didn't work out and I started guitar instead which I much prefer but my first shows were open mic nights and supporting local bands with my Dad backing me. 

2. What was the first gig/concert/festival you went to?
I went to go and see Embrace in Thetford Forest not far from where I live, memorable night despite how long ago it was. 

3. What have you been listening to lately? 
Lately, Bon Iver, Still Parad, High Highs and On an On but balanced with Lewis Watson, Lauren Aquilina and Gabrielle Aplin.

3 Questions for Harry...

1. What artists/groups inspired you to get into music and why?
My Dad got me into music and is still my biggest musical inspiration, and after that it was just a case of discovering even more inspirational musicians and characters. My initial inspiration came from Johnny Cash, Jack Johnson and James Blunt. 

2. What process did you go through writing 'Summer Nights' and how did you build the idea for the music video? 
I'd heard people talk about finidng inspirational places to write certain types of music and wanted to try it as I wanted to write a summer song, so I took my guitar and pen and notepad to a lake and sat on the beach and wrote the song. I had an idea of throwing a beach party and planning out little things for the video then I thought, hang on, this song is about living your summer, making the most of it, I just anna film my summer with a few of my mates and put it together and call it a video, so that's exactly what I did! 

3. Who would be your ideal person to tour with and why? 
 There's many people I'd like to tour with but I think Lewis Watson woud be an amazing guy to tour with, we seem like pretty similar people. Lauren Aquilina also as now she's a good friend I think it'd just be a week full of laughter! 

Random Q from a Reader...

A TV Show you wish was still on air? (from Joe)
Probably the most popular answer to this question ever, Friends, love that show

Anything other things you'd like to share/say?! 
Thanks for reading my ramblings guys, if you want to get my debut E.P. 'Shadows' it'll be released on iTunes, December 7th, hard copies will be available a little bit later! Whether you've heard the old stuff and liked it or even disliked it I urge you to give my new E.P. a go, it's certainly different! 
Thanks, Harry xx

Reviews of 'Summer Nights' by Harry Seaton:

1. Haytham: 5/5 - Unique and could listen all day.

2. Lailana: 5.932/5 - Gahh it's on replay, his voice is silk. Aaaaand the vid was cute! It felt homemade but professional, ya know? L O V E D IT. 

3. Tracy: 5/5 - fun video, upbeat, catchy tuuuune.
 
Harry Seaton's links: 
FB: https://www.facebook.com/harryseatonofficial
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/harryseatonmusic
Twitter: @harryseaton

Check It Out!

Chart: The Wire - Haim

'The Wire' is a song by American group, Haim. The song was released in the UK on 22nd September 2013 and is currently #17 in the UK Singles Chart. It's the fourth single from their debut album 'Days Are Gone'. 


Live Performance: Don't Say A Word - Ellie Goulding

This performance from Ellie of 'Don't Say A Word' was her opening song at iTunes Festival on 22nd September 2013. Her set was pretty insane... Good use of drums, vocals and dancing, this song represents her set well! (if you watch video on this page, skip to 1:48 :))
 

Cover: Try - Laura Mvula

'Try' originally by Pink was covered by Laura in the Live Lounge recently with a twist on instruments and a unique sound, Laura pushes this cover to her own sound, and it works very well! (skip to 0:17:))


Classic: Total Eclipse of the Heart - Bonnie Tyler

 Released as a single in early 1983 in the UK and later that summer in the US, it was the first release from the album and became Tyler's biggest career hit, reaching #1 in several countries. In a 2013 survey, the song came first in a list of most popular songs to sing in the shower... that makes it a classic tune? - YES! 


Thanks for reading! 
Links:
FB: http://www.facebook.com/MusicInTimeBlog
Twitter: @musicintimeblog
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/MusicInTimeBlog
Enquiries: musicintimeblog@gmail.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment