Tuesday, 18 November 2014

Feature: Summer Heart (18/11/14)


Summer Heart is a Swedish lo fi/chill wave/dream pop producer and musician. His new single 'Sleep' is out on 20th November. He's also got a new album expected early next year and another big tour rumoured for next year too. This is an act to be looking out for in 2015! 

General Questions:

1. How old were you when you started getting involved in music and how?

Oh. I have always been involved in music since both my parents are musicians. I guess I didn't have any choice.

2. What is the most inspiring gig/concert/festival you've been to?
Oh. I've been to so many. I saw Crystal Castles last year. That was probably one of the best shows I've ever been to.

3. What have you been listening to lately?
I have been listening to IAMBEAR on repeat the last couple of weeks. Definitely the soundtrack of my autumn.

3 Questions for Summer Heart:

1. How did the name 'Summer Heart' come about?

From the beginning I used the name Sommarhjarta since I found that word beautiful. After gaining some international attention I decided to change to the English equivalent Summer Heart.

2. Do you find there is a time in the dat when you're most creative = why/why not?
I am often coming up with ideas before noon when my mind is clear and I can think straight. Then I usually develop those ideas into something during afternoon and night.

3. What process did you go through producing and creating 'Sleep'?
I started making up the song in my head as I was leaving London really early in the morning a couple of months ago. I hadn't slept all night and I knew that I had to stay awake for another couple of hours. I found a pencil and a piece of paper and started jotting down some words, which later became the lyrics. After I had slept for a couple of hours I sat down with a guitar and started creating a melody and some chord progressions. It all came together pretty quickly. It was one of those processes where things just flow and you're not really aware of what you're actually doing.

Random Q:

If you could go to the moon, what song would you play first and why? 

Before I left you mean? Hard one. Something from Interpol's Turn on the Bright Lights probably.

'Sleep' Review:

This tracks sends you back to Summer, with a chilled atmospheric feel. Summer Heart brings in a catchy beat and the song shows his skill as a lyricist too. He doesn't really compare to anyone either and as far as I'm concerned, possibly Fun, vocally but pumped up a bit, that's definitely a good thing, this makes him stand out from the crowd with his enchanting music. Beautiful and I'm looking forward to hearing more from him in the next year and longer afterwards! 



Summer Heart's Links:


Check It Out!

Chart: Wake Me Up - Gareth Malone's All Star Choir

This song made it to #1 in the Singles Chart on 16th November as the official Children in Need single for 2014. The cover of Avicii's track features Margaret AlphonsiJo BrandRadzi ChinyanganyaJohn CravenMel GiedroycNitin GanatraLarry Lamb,Alice LevineFabrice MuambaCraig Revel HorwoodLinda Robson and Alison Steadman and a children's choir, funded by Children in Need. 


Live Performance: Promised Land - Peasant's King

This band from Pontypridd have had their fair share of live shows, including playing the BBC Introducing Stages at Reading & Leeds Festivals. They've been in the studio recently to record an album's worth of material for their next major release, which after two EPs, hopefully won't be too far away! 


Cover: All About That Bass - Avi Kaplan ft. Mario Jose & Naomi Samilton

The original 'All About That Bass' by Meghan Trainor became #1 all over the world and is stuck in the heads of people all around too. However, here's Avi (Pentatonix) singing a brilliant cover of the song, in bass. Enjoy! 


Soundcloud: A Scene In Between - Honeymilk

Honeymilk are a Swedish-based indie-rock act made of Marcus, Nikki and Erik. They've only been together for a couple of years, but this is their second single taken from their upcoming EP 'Sanguine Skies'. It's a great song layered with drums, electric guitars and a solid melody... Enjoy! They're also going on tour... 
UK Tour Dates:
18/11- The Frapper, Birmingham
19/11- The Tiger Lounge, Manchester
20/11- Cathouse, Glasgow
21/11- The Garage, London
22/11- FortyTwo, Worthing


Thanks for reading and let me know what you think of the music in this week's feature! 

Music In Time's Links:
FB: http://www.facebook.com/MusicInTimeBlog
Twitter: @musicintimeblog
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/MusicInTimeBlog
Enquiries: musicintimeblog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment