Friday, 24 July 2015

What I'm Listening To (Throwback Edition)... (24/07/15)

As it’s my birthday today, I thought I’d do a ‘What I’m Listening To’ from over the years, although, most of these I have been listening to recently as I’ve been sorting all my old CDs out… ahh the nostalgia! So, here's 10 songs I've listened to as I've grown up, these are the less influenced ones, (so the ones I found/listened to on radio, rather than the ones played my family :)) 

1. Sleeping With The Light On - Busted
This was my favourite Busted song and although it’s not quite ‘Year 3000’ or ‘What I Go To School For’, this one will always be on my ‘faves’ playlist on my iPod. (This is McBusted performing it live, because Busted aren't a thing supposedly on YouTube anymore). 


2. Never Had A Dream Come True – S Club 7
You’ve all heard ‘Reach’ and ‘Don’t Stop Movin’ a million times before (usually at school discos right?) but this one is one of the slower ones... Even though they’re as cheesy as a packet of wotsits, S Club’s lyrics do have a fair amount of truth behind them – life lessons and all that!)

3. America – Razorlight
I’m not sure what it is about this song, but it really is one of those ‘once you hear it, you have to sing along’ type and recently I’ve been hearing it everywhere!


4. Blue (Da Ba Dee) – Eiffel 65
This got replayed so much when I was little; I was obsessed and I can’t have been the only one! Sorry in advance for getting this stuck in your head! 


5. I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker – Sandi Thom
This was Sandi Thom’s debut single and it got a lot of love when I was at primary school! It was probably on one of the Now albums and it’s one of those songs that can pick you up.


6. Shake Me Down – Cage The Elephant
This is a little more recent, only five years old, but it’s up there with my favourite songs and has been played at many birthday BBQs and parties over those five years. (if you don’t recognise the name, have a listen – you’ll probably recognise the song!)


7. Heaven Is A Halfpipe (If I Die) – OPM
I went out a few weeks ago and this played in the ‘nightclub’ we were at, I’m pretty sure I was one of the only ones who knew the song and I’m really not sure how?! I thought this was one of those songs that everyone knows, but maybe not? Let me know if you do!


8. Goodbye Mr A – The Hoosiers
It was tough to choose between ‘Goodbye Mr A’ and ‘Worried About Ray’, these were the well known tracks from The Hoosiers’ debut album ‘The Trick To Life’, which remains one of my favourite albums; enjoy singing along!


9. Whistle For The Choir – The Fratellis
I always preferred ‘Whistle For The Choir’ over ‘Chelsea Dagger’, however, either could be included in this blog… Both are definite throwbacks and brilliant songs!


10. Girls & Boys – Good Charlotte
At the height of my pop punk obsession, stands Good Charlotte, ‘Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous’ is also another fantastic song that nearly made it to this list, but last minute change to this one…



Mr. Brightside nearly made the cut and many others, but these were the 10 I decided on... Enjoy! 

Thanks for reading!

Music In Time Blog's Links:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MusicInTimeBlog
Twitter: @musicintimeblog
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/MusicInTimeBlog
Enquiries: musicintimeblog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment