Wednesday, 23 September 2015

What I'm Listening To... (23/09/15)

These are always my favourite blog posts to put together and it feels like ages since the last one, it's only been two months, but so much has happened in that time, lots of exciting meetings, emails etc. all of which will slowly be shared and announced on our social media, so make sure you're following us on Facebook or Twitter! Recently, I've been really into chilled electronic music, so there's a fair bit of that in this month's WILT, however, there's the usual random mix of music - so enjoy! 

1. Landslide - Oh Wonder
I've been following Josephine and her projects for a while now, but when I found out she'd teamed up with Anthony, I was excited to hear what they'd release. Originally, releasing one song a month, it grew into a debut album and a flipping incredible one at that! There isn't one song on the album that I don't like, all the tracks are musically and lyrically phenomenal, but I settled on 'Landslide' because it's the one stuck in my head right now. 'Plans' is my favourite from the album though, so please check that song out too :) 


2. Grow - Frances
A couple of weeks ago, I got a message from my friend, telling me to listen to this song. Needless to say I did and it's one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. Stunning and simplistically powerful. I'm going to let the song speak for itself, because Frances really brings it to life. 


3. This May Hurt - Auction For The Promise Club
I mentioned this track in one of the check it out sections back in June, but over the last couple of months it's been on repeat and been in the majority of my playlists, so it needed to be included in this post too. Auction For The Promise Club are one of the most promising bands at the minute in my eyes and I really hope they get the recognition and support they deserve. 


4. Throne - Bring Me The Horizon
Bring Me The Horizon are back!! Granted they've taken a step away from their previous 'heavier' material, but this album is just as good as the rest of them! 'Throne' is the latest single from their now released fifth studio album 'That's The Spirit'. The intricacies within this track, and the layered instrumentals make it brilliant musically, and then vocals and lyrics are on point. 


5. Ship To Wreck - The Beach
Taking a step down again, pace and volume wise; recently I've really got into The Beach and just over a week ago they released this cover of Florence + The Machine's 'Ship To Wreck' (one of my favourite songs from this year). It's the perfect evening track, chilled enough but with enough power to still keep you singing along and getting stuff done. 


6. Roman Holiday - Halsey
Another debut album that has smashed its way into the charts and most of my playlists, is Halsey's 'Badlands' - I'm obsessed. Again, there are so many songs on this album that are brilliant, making it hard to choose just one - so be sure to check out the rest of the album too! This album shows that indie pop and electropop music isn't all repetitive and identical, this is creatively individual and I'm really excited for more to come from Halsey!


7. Mind Over Matter (Acoustic) - PVRIS
Over the last year and a bit, PVRIS have been growing and now after a really successful debut album release, they're touring all over the place and gaining recognition and support from all around the world. I have their album on repeat most of the time, it's in my current top five favourites and I've loved everything they've done, covers, live performances, recorded material etc. However, I keep going back to this one track in particular. It's from their Acoustic EP (the whole EP is brilliant) and just proves that they don't have to have all the layers and electro-pop/post-hardcore, they still sound brilliant stripped back. 


8. Weathered - Jack Garratt
This is Jack's latest single, and it's just as good as the rest of his music, and it's one of my favourites, alongside 'Worry' and 'Chemical'. He has this wonderful way with words and music and this particular song sums that up well, it's also got a really wonderful music video to compliment it well. 


9. Books - Swiss Lips
Swiss Lips have had to call it a day after suffering from 'Major Label Syndrome' and I'm honestly gutted! I was sent their album to review and interviewed them for their album released earlier this year, and there were some real gems in there - this is one of them. 


10. Naive - The Kooks
We're going back a few years for this one... This track has only just been added to my WILT playlist, but thinking about it, it is constantly coming on shuffle on my iPod or I'm playing it on band hero. However, my friend Tom and I have been venturing around a couple of open mic nights locally and checking out the local talent to us - for some events - and one guy did a wonderful cover of this song and it's kinda stuck over the last couple of days, so enjoy being nostalgic for a moment! 


Thanks for reading!

Music In Time Blog's Links:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MusicInTimeBlog
Twitter: @musicintimeblog
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/MusicInTimeBlog
Enquiries: musicintimeblog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment