Wednesday, 25 November 2015

What I'm Listening To... (25/11/15)

The last two months have seen lots of fantastic music releases, Adele has made a big return to the world of music and Justin Bieber has released an album that a lot of people like... I've been listening to a mix of these new tracks, old classics, and some slow sad music for inspiration and creative music evenings.

1. Say No More - Fickle Friends
Fickle Friends are a band to watch in 2016, creating infectious indie pop, this Brighton based five piece are making waves. I've had their latest track 'Say No More' on repeat since the video was released and I'm gonna try grab tickets to their tour next year. They're also supporting Little Comets at the launch night of 'Huw Stephen's Presents' at Dingwalls, London in February next year. It's set to be a pretty epic night, tickets are on sale now - so make sure you don't miss out! (http://myticket.co.uk/artists/huw-stephens-presents)



2. Combatti - Jack Pallister

I'm super lucky to have some really talented and inspiring friends; one of which is Jack Pallister. Over the last couple of months, Jack, Tom (other half of MIT Presents...) and I have been meeting up for meetings, jam sessions, live music and late night creativity. Seeing as I've featured some of Tom's music before, I thought I'd share my favourite song of Jack's (Donnie's Revival), as thanks to the boys it keeps getting stuck in my head and I've listened to it near on a hundred times in one or another...



3. Robbers - The 1975

Last night, (Tuesday 24th Nov), I headed to London with a few friends to see The 1975 live (again). I saw them just over a year ago at Alexandra Palace, but this time was at Eventim Apollo (better known as Hammersmith Apollo), and I felt like it was a better show than last time. I'm not sure, everything just went together and everyone was really there in the moment enjoying it. Also, live saxophone is definitely the one. This chorus (aside from Chocolate) was sung along to the loudest, and I've had it in my head, so enjoy...



4. Holes - LAYLA

This is one of the most comforting songs on my 'repeat' playlist. It's my go-to when I'm not feeling too great, and quite often it's a good 'late at night writing song' to listen to.  Jose Vanders (LAYLA & 1/2 of Oh Wonder) writes some truly beautiful songs, both lyrically and musically and I'm not sure this is just one of those I'll never get bored of listening to.



5. Million Years Ago - Adele

Adele is back and boy is she back! Everyone's taken to social media over the last couple of weeks to either rave (or rant) about her return. Personally, I really love her new album, it's refreshing for her to have some 'happier' songs on the release too, as well as the heart wrenching ballads that we all fell in love with originally. This is one of my favourites from the album and if you haven't listened to the album yet, you're missing out! (I can't link this particular song, as it isn't anywhere on the internet yet, but I'll leave you with the powerhouse vocals from 'When We Were Young' instead...)



6. View - PYLO

I'm surprised this one hasn't been included in a WILT blog post before (and if it has I'm sorry for being repetitive and forgetful). However, ever since I heard these guys when I was at Isle Of Wight Festival last year, I've fallen in love with this song a little. The music video is stunning as well as the song, so it's an all round wonder...



7. Brand New Day - Van Morrison

When I was younger, I was brought up on the likes of Van Morrison and Bill Withers. Listening to all the usual 'Brown Eyed Girl', 'Philosopher's Stone', 'Just The Two Of Us' and 'Grandma's Hands'. However, as I got older, I started listening around to more of their music and discovered my own favourites. 'Brand New Day' by Van Morrison is top of that list.



8. Run - Chasing Grace

After seeing this wonderful band at Barn on the Farm this year, I was reminded of how great their music is. Then time took over (and regrettably they got lost behind my everyday repeat playlist), however, the past couple of weeks, I've had 'Run' and 'Tonight' in that repeat playlist. This one in particular is a fantastic track and has constantly been stuck in my head.



9. When I Was Younger - Liz Lawrence

This is a new one to my playlists and a discovery I can give thanks to Spotify for. It's beautiful and I think there's a lot of truth in the words (I think everyone can connect with songs better when they can understand the meanings behind it etc.)  She's now part of Cash+David, another project I've been listening to a lot recently, so be sure to check their sounds out too! 



10. Jesus - Brand New

This has been in my favourites playlist for a very very long time, mainly because of the lyrics, but there's some brilliant instrumentation in it too. Recently I've been playing it a lot more, in the last couple of weeks, it's been played at least twice a day, and one day it saw up to 11 plays... Brand New are a fantastic band and this song highlights that. This is a live version, but the recorded version is pretty intense in my opinion - go get lost in some music...



11. Love Yourself - Justin Bieber
This is a name I didn't think I'd be including in one of these blog posts if I'm honest, I used to find his older material; sickly? However, this new album of his steps up maturity level wise, and sound wise and I've had it on repeat. There's the popular ones that have been making it into the charts, 'What Do You Mean?', 'Sorry' and 'The Feeling' ft. Halsey. However, I've had 'Love Yourself' on repeat, and it's probably because of the Ed Sheeran vibe to it, but you know what JB's done pretty good!


Love Yourself - Justin Bieber (link)


Thanks for reading!

Music In Time Blog's Links:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MusicInTimeBlog
Twitter: @musicintimeblog
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/MusicInTimeBlog
Enquiries: musicintimeblog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment