Monday, 14 November 2016

Feature: Lossy (14/11/16)



Australian audiences got their first taste of Lossy’s sound with ‘Blue Lagoons’, her first single released in June 2015. Living the life of a true troubadour, Lossy is currently travelling and performing throughout the US, after recording her latest single ‘You Who’s Guiding Me’ in Copenhagen, Denmark. Look out for upcoming tour dates and a full EP release soon…

General Questions:

1. How old were you when you started getting involved in music and how?
Singing  harmonies with the fam bam when I was a kid? Mum on the uke, dad on the guitar..me and siblings having fights.

2. What is the most inspiring musical performance you’ve ever seen?
I nearly saw Matt Corby once? the one and only legit concert I have ever purchased tickets for...but the tickets were locked in a post office..I still tried to get in but got turned away at the door. So I’m gonna say.. Seeing a school full of Fijian teenagers singing songs in their assembly...incredible.

3. Who have you been listening to lately?
Asgier,  The XX, Sia, alt-j- , Szymon

3 Qs for Lossy:

1. You’re currently travelling and performing throughout the US, which three countries would you most like to tour and why?
1: The mainland Australia..just thinking..van life..coastal vibes.. touring with friends & living the dream.

2: Brazil.  It has waves.. it has the Amazon & probably some of the most extroverted fun loving, music loving  people I have met.. and my friends highly recommend Brazil as a tour option..so why not?

3: Europe.. I know it’s not a country.. but the summer time.. the festivals. I am genuinely in love with all of Europe, its people, food, languages, nature and all it has to offer musically.

2. If you could duet with anyone, dead or alive, who would you choose and why?
Hmmmm I am the most indecisive person I have ever met..and I can’t actually answer this question.

3. What process did you go through creating ‘You Who’s Guiding Me’ and how much did it differ to your previous single ‘Blue Lagoons’?
I was in between classes at university and as per usual I had the everyday thoughts of “what the hell am I doing here?”  I needed an outlet, so I found a piano and that was it! You who’s guiding me is piano driven with pop melodies, synth bass, lots of bouncing layers. It was so much fun recording, my engineer and producer worked so well together we basically finished it in a day..whereas Blue lagoons is a very intimate song, with layers of cello, acoustic guitar, more of a indie folk vibe.

Random Q:

1. If you could have any superpower, what would you choose and why?
To have the power of healing. We live in a pretty broken and messed up planet and there are SO many people who need it...you would make a lot of people happy!

'You Who's Guiding Me' Review:
Lossy has created a skippy folk/pop song, with infectious melodies, an upbeat piano and beat combined, and well crafted lyrics that tell a story, reminding me of the likes of Lenka. It's an incredibly uplifting track that will put anyone who listens to it in a better mood, it's got all the best bits of folk and pop swirled together into a light, sunny song...


Lossy's Links:

Thanks for reading!
Music In Time Blog's Links:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MusicInTimeBlog
Twitter: @musicintimeblog
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/MusicInTimeBlog
Enquiries: musicintimeblog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment